PE & Sports Premium
The Primary PE and Sport Premium is a government-backed funding initiative aimed at helping primary schools across England improve their physical education and sport provisions.
P.E. and school sport play a very important part in the life of Summerseat Methodist Primary School. We recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of the children. We believe that an innovative, varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all our children. Our approach to sports directly supports our key curriculum drivers of: aspiration, diversity and inclusion.
We use the funding we receive to focus on the five key indicators as outlined by the Government and provide additional opportunities for our children to enable them to achieve well in these focus areas:
- Key indicator 1: The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- Key indicator 2: The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Key indicator 3: Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Key indicator 4: Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Key indicator 5: Increased participation in competitive sport
We complete a detailed Sports Premium Analysis each year, capturing our key achievements to date and areas for future development. We link this directly to the five key indicators as detailed above.