Skip to content ↓

School History

The school was founded in 1840 and the present building was opened in 1863 by the Methodist mill owner, John Robinson Kay, to serve the children of the mill working community. Although the school has developed and modernised to meet the needs of a changing world, it still values its links with the past.

We work in co-operation with Rowlands Methodist Church to serve the village of Summerseat.

On 1st December 2020, Summerseat Methodist Primary joined the Epworth Education Trust.